See the other wines from the estate
Domaine Poc a Poc
Established in Paziols, in Cathar country (Roussillon), Xavier Ponsart cultivates three hectares of vines split between several plots on clayey-limestone and schist soils. He works them by hand (using a brush cutter, a motorised cultivator and a horse on the steepest plots), with the aim of producing wines without artifice. The average age of the vines is 70 years old for both whites and reds (40 years for the Syrah). Yields vary between 8 and 18 hl/ha. Little by little (poc a poc in Catalan), this young Belgian is establishing his reputation as a winegrower without concession.
Poc a Poc white
This is a natural wine as we like it, without any of those deviances that some people present as miraculous virtues. Here we are as close as possible to the expression of the grape and that's all... Xavier works with indigenous yeasts, without any input, and sulphites only a little bit during bottling. His wines are not filtered either, which can lead to a slight deposit.
Hand-picking in crates, with sorting in the vineyard. Vinification by plot. Fermentation for approximately four weeks in stainless steel barrels and vats. Maturation of 75% of the volume in oak barrels of three to six wines, and the remaining 25% in stainless steel vats.
Straw yellow colour.
Aromatic nose of stone fruits with hints of aniseed.
Supple and ample on the palate, with good persistence.
Asian dishes and fish in sauce.
|Domain||Domaine Poc a Poc|
|Cuvée||Poc a Poc blanc|
|Appellation||Vin de France|
|Dominant grape variety||Macabeu|
|Blend||80% Macabeu - 20% Grenache Gris|
|Bottle size||75 cl|
|Aging potential||3-4 years|